What would you like to do?
WHY PHYSICAL THERAPY?
Physical therapy provides an effective and safe means of treating bone, muscle, and joint dysfunction while avoiding the potentially harmful side effects of medication and the risk and massive cost of surgery.
As physical therapists, we are the most highly trained medical practitioners to diagnose and treat medical problems that affect the movement systems of the body.
Do you need a referral from your doctor?
The State of New York passed a law in October of 2008 that allows patients to self refer for physical therapy. However, there are certain conditions that must be met.
- The patient's private insurance company must allow the self-referral. Check with your insurance company.
- The claim can not be a NO FAULT or WORKERS' COMPENSATION claim.
- Government programs do not allow self referrals such as Medicare, Medicaid or Managed Medicaid (Total Care, Fidelis)
10 Visits or 30 Days is the rule
If your insurance covers self-referral for physical therapy, patients can receive therapy for 10 visits or 30 days, whichever comes first and the physical therapist must have been licensed for at least three (3) years in order to provide therapy for a self-referred patient.
Do we take your Insurance?
Our providers are in network with the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Cigna / MVP
- Lifetime Benefits
- Veterans Administration / Tricare / Healthnet
- Workers Compensation
- No Fault
- Molina Healthcare
- Multiplan or PHCS affiliates
If you do not see your insurance please contact our billing department for assistance.